Email the Artist: firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist's Website: https://ianculescu.com
Be sure to strengthen your understanding of issues in the art world by joining us for our second online discussion on Art and Law on September 19th, 7-8:30 PM.
Registration is required for this event, please register here for the Zoom meeting.
Many of us tuned in for the first part of our discussion with Janet Fries which explored art law and were still left with questions that could not be covered in a single presentation, so we have asked Janet back to pick up where we left off. Janet Fries, Senior Counsel at the law firm of Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
, and WSG Advisory Board Member, has practical answers for artists at all stages of their careers. Fries has been on the Board of Directors of the Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts (WALA) since 2004, so her concern for local artists is especially important to her. Fries is an expert in issues involving contract negotiation and preparation, website review, copyright and trademark protection, and enforcement. This program will address topics generally, so it should not be thought of as a replacement for actual legal counsel for ongoing issues. Attendees should come away with a better understanding of what the law allows in order to protect themselves and their creative property.
This panel discussion is part of WSG’s ongoing series of professional practices talks for artists, Becoming a Professional in the Art World.
View Previous Talks on our Youtube Channel:
- Art and the Law with Janet Fries, Part I, May 9, 2022
- Best Practices for Preparing your Submission, June 21, 2021
- Pricing Your Artwork, March 22, 2021
- Creating Your Legacy: C.Edwards + H Frederick March 8, 2021
- Audiences for Art: Approaching a Gallery, September 21, 2020
- Developing Your Elevator Speech, August 20, 2020
- How to Write an Artist Statement, August 6, 2020
- Estate Planning for Artists, March 14, 2020