Founded in 1984, the Washington Sculptors Group (WSG) is a nonprofit corporation committed to promoting an awareness and understanding of sculpture and fostering the exchange of ideas among sculptors, collectors and the public through exhibitions, events, workshops and social gatherings.
WSG plans, manages, and promotes 3–4 juried and curated exhibitions each year in galleries, museums, and alternative spaces throughout the greater Washington, DC area. These high-quality exhibitions offer members opportunities to show their work and raise their visibility within the region.
Our other events include:
- Artists’ panels and presentations that create a public forum for discussion.
- Workshops to help sculptors improve their business skills and promote their artwork.
- An annual image show that allows members to present their artwork to the public, gallerists, curators, collectors, and other DC area art representatives.
- An annual International Sculpture Day (ISD) event in which WSG joins 1000+ organizations and institutions worldwide to celebrate the diversity of sculpture and sculpture practices.
- Social events to foster a community, including our summer picnic and annual dinner in December.
Finally, WSG publishes three issues of The Washington Sculptor newsletter per year, giving members the opportunity to promote their accomplishments (exhibitions, grants, residencies, and other professional activities). Important feature and editorial articles are also penned by volunteer writers, covering the latest trends in sculpture and sculpture practices.
WSG is entirely volunteer-driven; our Board of Directors and volunteer committees carry out the organization’s mission that serves nearly 400 members annually. The Washington Sculptors Group has been the recipient of the DC Mayor’s Award for Excellence in Service to the Arts to acknowledge the organization’s impact in the DC Metropolitan area.
Washington Sculptors’ Group is a nonprofit arts organization. Your support makes all the difference! We accept donations via PayPal.