To join the Washington Sculptors Group, first go to the WSG website (www.washingtonsculptors.org). Click on “Join WSG” under the “About Us” menu item.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the membership level. Click on the appropriate PayPal button.
The site will take you to PayPal, please log in with your PayPal credentials.
Complete payment keeping in mind that you’re setting up a subscription, which will renew yearly. The system will remind you of the renewal a few days before. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
We don’t offer pro-rated refunds, but you will maintain your member privileges until the current subscription period ends.
If payment is successful, the system will prompt you to create an account. It will also send you an email confirming that you have become a member of WSG!
After you submit your new account information (user name, first name, last name, and email), the system will notify you that the registration is complete. It will send you a confirmation email that contains the user name and email you used to register with.
The system will send you a third email containing a link to set a password for the newly created account. Go to your email and follow the link to set your password. Please use strong passwords. If you don’t already, you may want to use a password manager that will generate and remember complex passwords for all your accounts. Make note of the password you just created, you will need it to log in!
Log into the site, either by following the link in the email or going to the website’s login page.
Once you log in, you will be directed to a page that allows you to create your artist gallery page, or edit your user information if needed.
Log into the Site
- Locate the “Log In” menu item and click on it.
- Provide your login credentials (username and password) to access your account.
Access Your Administration Page
- After logging in, you will be automatically directed to your administration page.
- If you are already logged in, click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile.” This will also take you to your administration page.
Create Gallery Page
- Find and click on the “Create Gallery Page” button. Since each artist has only one gallery page, once you set up yours, this button will disappear. You will be able to edit the information contained in the gallery any time after it is created.
Add Your Personal Information
- Begin entering your information. In the first field, input your name as you desire it to appear in the artist gallery.
- In the following field, enter your last name first, followed by a comma, and then your first name. This assists the site in alphabetizing artist galleries.
- Include a compelling biography or artist statement to provide visitors with insights into your artistic journey and style. If you had an artist gallery page on the old site, you may be able to find your information by clicking on the link under “Gallery”. Just scroll until you find your entry. The images from your gallery are no longer available.
- Next, upload your profile image. This image will be displayed above your name in the artist gallery directory. It is best if this image’s aspect ratio is close to a square. As with all the information in this form, you may change this image later.
- Specify your location by adding your city and state. This offers visitors a general idea of where you are located.
- Upload up to twelve images of your work. For each image, provide a title and description. This information will be displayed either as an overlay or as a subtitle when viewing in Lightbox mode. If no title is provided, the name of the image file will be displayed as the caption.
- If applicable, add the URL to your website, ensuring it has the https:// prefix to direct interested visitors to your online portfolio.
- If applicable, include the URL to your Instagram profile. Ensure it has the https:// prefix.
- Check all the relevant boxes to specify the type of artist you are.
- Check all applicable boxes to indicate any other roles you may have in the arts community.
- Add details about the media you work with, your interests, or the types of work you create.
- Specify any affiliations you have with arts organizations.
- Once all information is entered, click the submit button. Your gallery will be created automatically, and you will be redirected to view it.
Congratulations! Your artist profile now appears among the other members’ entries and is visible to anyone visiting the Washington Sculptors website.