|Presented by Washington Sculptors Group & Studio Gallery|
Studio Gallery2108 R Street NW
Washington, DC 20008
November 24 – December 18, 2021
Saturday, November 13, 2021 (11:59pm)
|ABOUT THE EXHIBITION|
WSG and Studio Gallery are collaborating on an exhibition to pay tribute to Nancy Frankel (1929 – 2021), a beloved artist, teacher and member of the community.
We invite artists who knew Nancy or were influenced by her work and life to submit to this non-juried call. The theme, Organic Geometry is inspired by a quote from Nancy:
“I use organic geometry to give form to my love of nature and architecture. My work has been a long meditation, an effort to get past the surface aspects of reality, to find deeper meaning.”
HOW TO SUBMIT
Artists wishing to honor Nancy are invited to submit 1 work. Submissions must be made using this form and will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis. Due to limited space, we can only accept 12 submissions that meet the following criteria:
– Artist must be an active WSG member in good standing.
– Please submit only 1 work using this form.
– Work must be freestanding or able to be installed on a pedestal.
– Size cannot exceed 24 inches in all directions (freestanding works can be up to 6 feet tall with a footprint no larger than 24×24 in).
– Weight must not exceed 75 lbs.
– Must be dropped off and picked up in person during the allotted days and times at Studio Gallery (2108 R St. NW, Washington, DC 20008).
– All sales will be handled by Studio Gallery, which will retain a 50% commission.
– Artists are responsible for insuring their own work if they wish.
Exhibition: Wednesday, Nov 24 – Saturday, Dec 18
Submission Deadline: Saturday, Nov 13 (11:59pm)
Notification: Sunday, Nov 14
Drop off: Saturday, Nov 20 (11am-6pm) & Sunday, Nov 21 (10am to 1pm)
Pick up: Sunday, Dec 19 (times to be announced)
Please contact with any questions.
|ABOUT STUDIO GALLERY|
Studio Gallery is the longest running artist-owned gallery in Washington, DC. It features contemporary art in a wide variety of media by emerging and established artists. The Gallery was founded in 1956 by artist Jennie Lea Knight, whose work is in The National Gallery of Art, The Corcoran Gallery of Art, the National Museum of Women in the Arts, the Philips Collection, and the Smithsonian Museum of American Art.